Flashchiptutor Notice Board
Posted by flashchiptutor on October 5, 2011
Beware DT310 512GB DataTraveler Kingston USB flash drives are being sold on Asian wholesale internet sites.
These counterfeits have started to appear on eBay. DT310 512GB Kingston DataTraveler Now Available! Where Can You Buy One? We have documented this fake: Counterfeit DT310/512GB Kingston DataTraveler USB Flash Drive – It Is A Fake! DT310 512 GB Never Manufactured
Kingston Technologies offers validation of usb flash drives. It is free and designed to protect both buyers and potential resellers from fraud. Read this guide to learn more: Kingston USB Flash Drives. How To Check You Have A Genuine One And Not A Counterfeit – Easy Guide. Kingston Technologies Fighting To Protect Consumers And Itself From Counterfeits.
- The highest capacity for a usb flash drive penstick remains 256 GB. Any higher advertised capacity is for a fake, upgraded flash memory.
- The higher the capacity for a usb flash drive, the more you can expect to pay – exponentially! Do not confuse pricing with usb external hard disks. This is a mistake.
- How safe are USB flash drives pen sticks for long term storage? It depends. What does the guarantee state? Is it one year, two years, five years or limited life time? Never have data stored in one place, ensure you have a backup elsewhere. Redundancy, is the key to making data safe. Don’t put all your eggs in one basket, practice safe computing.
- The most reliable sizes for a usb flash drives are 16GB ~ 32GB and the best price value.
- There is a grading system for flash memory storage chips: Genuine Verses Fake Counterfeit USB Flash Drives – A Guide – USB Flash Chips Used In USB Flash Drives – Grades A B C D. Most people don’t know one exists.
- The best free software to test flash memory chips is H2testw. Read H2testw 1.4 – Gold Standard In Detecting USB Counterfeit Drives to understand more about it and find the download links. There is a poll and so far over 3000+ people have voted. Over 96% of readers found this article helpful, it is the classic and original. There is a Linux alternative too, read: Linux H2testw Alternative Program Called F3 By Michel Machado. Always test flash memory capacity with either programme, you will be glad you did. If it passes testing, you bought real capacity flash memory!
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.