Counterfeit DT100/64GB Kingston DataTraveler Fake USB Flash Drive 64 GB
Posted by flashchiptutor on August 27, 2010
Beware Kingston DataTraveler model DT100 advertised as 64GB with this packaging is a counterfeit – fake! Kingston did not produce these, in the size advertised with the colour coding stated. Sold mainly on wholesaler internet sites in China, Hong Kong. You can find them on other internet sites too. In some cases, listings will advertise them as “upgraded” – there is no such thing. This is a polite term for false capacity.
Avoid being frauded or scammed. Do not buy this usb flash drive in the packaging shown, you risk data loss. Do not sell this usb flash drive!
Instead, if you wish to buy on the internet visit Kingston’s site to determine the models offered and the colour coding for sizes to help you avoid a false capacity drive. Use this new guide: Kingston USB Flash Drives. How To Check You Have A Genuine One And Not A Counterfeit – Easy Guide. Kingston Technologies Fighting To Protect Consumers And Itself From Counterfeits. if you suspect you purchased a counterfeit or false capacity Kingston USB Flash drive.
This DT100/64GB is a fake flash memory drive.
The highest capacity for a DT100 usb flash drive from Kingston Technologies is 32GB.
Genuine DT100 usb flash drive:
- USB Flash Drives Best Price Bargains Fair Value To Sell Or Buy 8GB 16GB 32GB
- Genuine Verses Fake Counterfeit USB Flash Drives – A Guide – USB Flash Chips Used – Grades A B C D
- Global Report – eBay Fake Memory 2008 – 2009
- H2testw 1.4 – Gold Standard In Detecting USB Counterfeit Drives
- Quick Detection Genuine or Counterfeit Kingston DT150 32GB DataTraveler Michael’s Guide
- Genuine or Counterfeit Kingston DT150 64GB DataTraveler – Quick Detection – A Guide
- Kingston USB Flash Drives – Detect Counterfeits And Fakes – Product Verification
- Buying Kingston and Sony USB Flash Drives On eBay Safely – A Guide
- Crises on Ebay For Fake Flash Memory Products Sold In 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB – SOSFakeFlash Reports
Report in to SOSFakeFlash if your testing confirms you have a false capacity device.
If you want to review all the counterfeits found on eBay you can visit three sites. Just type in the word Kingston in the search box to see what is currently documented: